Sunday, July 29, 2012

IT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN COLD FOREVER

OK This picture is not taken in Sydney,
but it accurately portrays how I feel! 
This appallingly cold weather is not part of MY social compact with the Commonwealth of Australia! It is a brilliant sunny day here in Sydney, but it is as if someone left the Cold Room Door open! A miserable 14 Degrees Celsius is the result of a chill wind oddly blowing from the North East here at Pymble - from the sea, would you believe? Now, I can live with the occasional errant cold day, but this type of thing has gone on now through this present Winter (OK) , through last Autumn (Hmmmm) , through last supposed to be Summer and right back through the preceding year even back in Brisbane!!!


What is this? No - it is NOT Global Warming and I'm sorry to tell you it is not even Climate Change ( the euphemism adopted when it became obvious that Global Warming was a heap of rubbish!) it is just crummy weather.


But I can remember.....Summer days...drifting away ...( oh! that's from Grease!) But, yes I can remember warm Sunshine ... on my shoulders makes me happy ( darn John Denver!) ....scented breezes ..and swaying palms ( oh Heck "Rose, Rose I love you! - Frankie Laine!) How come all the songs celebrate Summer and now we don't get any. 


Sydney Summer  Opera House and Opera Bar
But they were great times, bouncing along in a mini-Moke on Magnetic Island , or the same vehicle called a Fiji Go-Go in those blessed islands. Or riding on the Manly Ferry South Steyne crowded with beach goers, eating Smiths Crisps and gawking at the warships at Garden Island Dockyard. Or sitting  on the back verandah at Berala with the family, sweltering in the early evening , and waiting for my brother to return in his 1938 second hand Vauxhall Tourer with some Ice Blocks to cool us down!And more recently with the whole family sauntering around Cairns eating a cooling ice cream in brilliant hot sunshine.Or Christmas Day in about 2005/6 with everyone at our home for Christmas Lunch and a temperature of 41 degrees Celsius! Who could forget it!
Beautiful Daughter contemplating warmer days




So, yes I can remember warm and wonderful Springs and Summers and even Autumns, shorts and T Shirts and sandals ! Oh Man! Why do I torture myself : the reality is T shirt,Jumper 1, Jumper 2, Vest and to go outside Jacket over all!


No Australia! I did not sign up for this! 


Nor did I sign up for that Fat Cat Global Warming Czar who is paid $180,000 P.A. to work three days a week to do nothing but prattle about his pet ideas - yes, you are right - the same guy who three years ago said the drought was permanent and it would never rain again - just before the floods! What a load of garbage!




Here endeth the rant! I just want the heat turned back on !

No comments:

Post a Comment