Sunday, March 18, 2012

"HERE'S ONE I PREPARED EARLIER"-EVERYONE IS IRISH TO-DAY

ST.PATRICK FROM THE CATHEDRAL IN ARMAGH
The following post was prepared on St. Patrick's Day , but due to a major distraction, never was posted. Inauspicious start and end!


"
My Saint Patrick's Day got off to an inauspicious start to-day, when I put on a brick-coloured Polo Shirt and headed out with my wife. Only in the building's lift did it dawn on me that many would see this colour as ORANGE!! I could end up with a black eye!!! People all around through the day were wondering at the sight of this Orange clad old gent smiling benignly at littlies dressed in green going about with their green clad Dads.   ( Does your heart good!)


Then when I went to buy my customary Saint Patrick's Day  Guinness all they had was six-packs! Some days....


Anyway I am off babysitting to-night and I shall change to a GREEN T shirt in order not to lead the littlies astray!


Still miss that GUINNESS.........




But this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIECtoNQ4M&feature=related restored my state of mind.
And my Grandson 5 yrs old  greeted me with "Grandad.....you are wearing a green shirt because it is ST>PATRICK'S DAY! "Did my heart GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment