Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"..LOOK OUT HERE COMES THE MASTER RACE....".


CLIVEAS ABOUND AND GROW HEALTHILY
DESPITE ITS OCCASIONAL CRITICS , THE BEAUTY OF WISTERIA
IS IS A TRUE DELIGHT

Just as well Mel Brooks is Jewish, otherwise the PC Brigade would have torn him to shreds years ago for things such as "SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER"("The Producers"). I have loved its outrageous fun ever since I first saw it decades ago starring the late Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder. It came to mind as I sat down to write this post on the subject of a Springtime walk in "leafy Pymble".  Mel Brooks re-visited the sending up of Hitler in his hilarious re-make of the wartime film "TO BE OR NOT TO BE "(1942) using the same title. In this film we have Hitler portrayed by an in film character as singing "All I want is Peace!, Peace!. Peace!"(We hear) He goes on.."A little piece of Poland , a little piece of France..." Mel Brooks stars in the film and it is a joy to see his beautiful wife the late Anne Bancroft in fine comedic form.

Beautiful Ï don't know what they ares.
Spectacular bank of Azaleas.

O.K., Where was I...Oh! Springtime and my daily walk in the forest-like area of Pymble. I have a good walking route quite varied in gradient with some good flat stretches and almost continuous gentle shade from the sun - I have enough skin cancer experience as it is - the curse of the Celtic skin! I started out fairly early thinking that a storm was brewing . It wasn't - just pretty powerful wind throughout the day. But Spring has truly sprung! No, I didn't see any young men whose"fancy had lightly turned to thoughts of love" ( as the poem has it) in an obvious way. I guess they were too busy in High School, Uni. or at work. But the gardens!!

Much maligned by the Trendies - the glorious Wisteria.
The whole walk might as well have been in a Botanical Garden! Banks of azaleas, cliveas (which thrive in the area) wisteria, rhododendrons,crabapple trees, cherry blossom and even the natives have gone for it in a host of varieties of robinias in gold and red. All of this in profusion whilst the last of Winter's Camellias cling to their trees.An hour and thirty five minutes out and back including the killer climb at the end back up Pymble Avenue and I feel I have done my bit toward fitness!

The Crabapple about to explode in glory.
Azaleas crowd the extended driveway of a lady celebrating her Birthday to-day.
Rhododendrons - undeniable glories of a bountiful Providence.
So much beauty and the joy it instills - no wonder Mel Brook's delightful humour sprang to mind - the world looks pretty good around here - despite the adverse winds blowing high above through the 60 to 70 feet high Eucalypts .

No comments:

Post a Comment