Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'M NOT SO SELF- ASSURED

"When I was younger, so much younger than to-day,
I never needed anybody's help in any way...

" But now those days are gone, I'm not so self-assured..."

.Amazing what can be done with pictures and words - even from the Beatles and with music added...just as well the system doesn't facilitate that.

I certainly didn't feel so self-assured when after a few magnificent days in TUT City (Melbourne while the TUTANKHAMEN Exhibition lasts) I returned to find BLOGGER had changed everything behind the scenes. So far I have not found any thrilling changes but rather much confusion. Rather like when someone tidies up your work space and you can't find a thing!And as far as I can see there was no forewarning or introduction to the NEW ORDER.(I am prepared to be corrected on that - since I deliberately chose to leave the computer behind on the trip to the icy winds of TUT town.)

The TUTANKHAMEN Exhibition was a grand treat courtesy of my Brother - in -Law Tony for Robyn and me and also for Marianne and Nathan who were enjoying a longer stay in the South. We also took in the VIENNA Exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria and then Marianne and Nathan treated Tony , Robyn and me to a Banquet Dinner at "Ginger Boy"Restaurant. It was a wonderful night, superb food and wines and even beer in a brown paper bag - go! - try it!. and don't miss the "Son in law eggs". What a sensation!

Now its back to the grind as we try to render our possessions down , so that they will fit into a two bedroom apartment ! And an Apartment in Sin City at that!  We remain totally unreconstructed QUEENSLANDERS at heart, but since most of our family and oldest friends live in Sydney - our city of origin, we have reluctantly decided we must return there. Strangely a number of our family and friends , on hearing our decision have said "I'm not surprised."or"I  thought you would."The decision was actually a surprise to US!

So, much confusion and packing and quotes for this and cancelling this and that. I long to be settled.

To ease the pain, the weather here has been freezing cold - the coldest Winter in Brisbane , as for much of the Continent in 30/40 years. Global Warming - the Empress has no clothes. Very taxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment