Thursday, May 5, 2011

"THE BEAUTIFUL ONE IS COME" - AND HOW!

My Wife took this shot of me and Nefertiti in Berlin on 3rd September, .2009

Well, I have been a little slack on posting in the last couple of days. There has been a bit of long-overdue cleaning-up in Toowoomba which needed covering over at "Vexilla Regis" and the I PAD 2 arrived 2 days early! So what has that got to do with Nefertiti you ask?

As you know the operating systems of various electronic devices require you to name the device.Now when the I PAD 2 was finally ripped from its packaging my first thought was : "It is BEAUTIFUL!"( Mustn't gush - you will think this is a paid commercial - if only!) . So instantly the old Egyptological enthusiast in me said :"Nefertiti"! which means "The beautiful one is come." There, I had its name!

It not only looks beautiful, it works beautifully too!It starts up and shuts down instantly. Its on screen keyboard is a dream to use - so intuitive and fast, especially for a ""hunt and peck"user like me. The ease of downloading pictures from my camera is amazing - simply plug-in and in 45 seconds it was all done , not a problem! And they look grand on that beautiful screen. I could rave on and on, but let me finish by saying that it makes browsing my favourite Blogs and Website as well as Facebook a much more pleasant experience in ease of use and more visually attractive. Did you guess? I'm hooked!

The whole Amarna Period of Egyptian history is fascinating. Pharaoh Akhenaten and his wife left a wonderfully rich legacy of mystery and intrigue behind , which has felled many forests to print books on the subject and flood TV screens with documentaries. I shall have to try a post on the subject - I would enjoy that. But not yet!

Again, many thanks to my great Brother-in-Law Tony Hannon for this wonderful gift!
Again

No comments:

Post a Comment